A simple but delicious way to cook pork steaks.
500 g pork steak
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 slices streaky bacon
2 tablespoons honey
- Cut the steak into two portions, each about 120 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and fry the steak until brown on all sides. Keep aside.
- Lay out the bacon rashers side by side to the length of the pork steaks (slight overlap). Roll the pork steaks in the bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Place the wrapped steaks on a griddle in a baking pan and brush coat generously with the honey.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes basting around every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand.
To discuss this recipe, visit Cookingbites Foodie Forum